Thursday, August 16, 2007

Funny moments

My kids crack me up. My son wakes up regularly in the middle of the night still, scared, even though he's 6. Usually my husband goes - yes I know I'm very lucky. A few nights ago he woke up about 5:30 in the morning. I got up this time and went in. He said "Mom, it's pitch white outside. I'm scared." It was a cloudy morning, and he's right, it was pitch white.

My daughter is 4 and very stubborn. She doesn't listen well. But she's getting better at some behavior issues. For the last several days, she happily tells us when we pick her up from preschool that she didn't hit anyone today. Whoo-hoo!

My son said yesterday that he doesn't want me to work - he wants us all to stay home together. Sigh. My husband's a stay-at-home dad and the boy is a tad spoiled, I think. I think I should take him to visit a day care center so he realizes he should be happy with one of us at home. I'll have to find a horrid one though so it would work.

Some members of my staff continue to amaze me with their antics. One has decided she can call me at home whenever she wants and whenever she doesn't want to deal with something that comes up. She's leaving soon, although I may lose it one day and fire her before she actually leaves.

I'm off today for Big Important Meeting at upper judicatory offices in hoity toity city. I am in a goofy mood and will need to control myself so as not to startle staid colleagues. Luckily some who will be there are, like me, not at all staid.

2 comments:

Rev SS said...

YUK, I hate "Big Important Meetings at upper judicatory offices in hoity toity city" Glad you will have some good company at least.

Unknown said...

I hope you did startle them! (I do it with some frequency.)